Case Study: How We Increased This Hotel’s Direct Booking Conversions By 40% In 30 Days Using a Messenger Bot
Sunwapta Falls Rocky Mountain Lodge is a 52 rooms hotel located on the world famous Icefields Parkway in Alberta, Canada. Awarded TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence by guests for 4 years running and with decades of AHLA’s Housekeeping Award, the Lodge offers cabin and hotel style accommodation as well as a variety of daytime food and beverage services for independent travelers and group tours.
- More than 99% of traffic coming on the hotel’s website left without completing a booking.
- Don’t have a way to engage with site visitors to find out why they are coming and what they are looking for in order to better serve them.
- With a small team, the hotel is not capable to provide instant response to satisfy customer’s inquiries which lead to abandoned bookings.
A Facebook Messenger bot on the website that proactively engages the site visitors and assists them to the information they are looking for.
The bot is trained to answer FAQs and provide area information to help with user’s trip planning. Almost 70% of questions are automatically answered while the rest is directed to a live agent (hotel stuff). We use Natural Langauge Processing (NLP) to understand users’ input and continue improving conversations over time to handle more queries without human intervention. The bot is also integrated with Slack so that the hotel staff gets notified whenever a new request is made.
- Increased direct booking conversion rate by 40%
- Automatically dispatched 133 customer requests including booking, restaurant reservation, room & amenity info, area info, job inquiries, etc
- Created 31 direct reservations result in 68 room nights
- Revenue created: $28,501.78
- Commissions saved: $2,377.91
“Sunwapta has seen fantastic results from Lopif. Our website conversation has increased by 40% in the first month! The chatbot gives us a chance to speak to our guest directly in a way we control to give people the best opportunity to book with us quickly rather than wasting time trying to find information on the website.”